Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

01 tahoe a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2012, 8:56 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by silverado432
also already replaced the switch on the accumulator...could it be another switch anywhere.

Why??
Old April 13th, 2012, 9:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know where that temp sensor is located..maybe that might be the problem?..thats the only thing i could think of..because it has 3 lbs of freon and that what it calls for.
how do you know it has 3lbs in it?
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

because i evacuated it and the machine said 2.98 lbs...and i know it dosent have a leak cause i vaccum it and it holds pressure.
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

because i evacuated it and the machine said 2.98 lbs...and i know it dosent have a leak cause i vaccum it and it holds pressure.
I would agree that something is preventing it from running...
Its a shotgun approach, but might try resetting everything by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes...
Old April 14th, 2012, 4:40 PM
Administrator

Have you checked the pressures during the short time it's running?
Old April 15th, 2012, 5:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, if you removed 2.98lbs from a system that holds 3lbs and the climate control panel flashes then I believe the control panel is the problem. You dont have a leak nor low pressure because you have the correct volume in there. When the AC shuts off is it OFF or just not blowing cold in the car? There has to be a code stored in the BCM that is why the CCP is flashing. If the compressor shuts off then there is probably a signal problem from the CCP. If the compressor stays on then it may be a blend door issue.

Either that or a restricted fixed orifice tube is possible.

Last edited by RacerX; April 15th, 2012 at 5:20 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by RacerX
Man, if you removed 2.98lbs from a system that holds 3lbs and the climate control panel flashes then I believe the control panel is the problem. You dont have a leak nor low pressure because you have the correct volume in there. When the AC shuts off is it OFF or just not blowing cold in the car? There has to be a code stored in the BCM that is why the CCP is flashing. If the compressor shuts off then there is probably a signal problem from the CCP. If the compressor stays on then it may be a blend door issue.

Either that or a restricted fixed orifice tube is possible.
yeah man i was thinking it was the control panel just wanted to see if anyone had this problem..and where is the orfice tube
Old April 16th, 2012, 8:44 PM
CF Veteran

orifice tube is in the inlet to the accumulator drier. You might need needle nose pliers to get it out. I had a problem on an old Mercury where the dessicant from the accumulator clogged the fixed orifice tube. I replaced it all, accumulator, hoses, orifice tube when I converted to r134a. But I think the flashing lights means there is a problem in the climate control panel. These things are all CAN/BUS these days so it is a isolated network solely with the panel and interfaces with the BCM. The lights are probably flashing a sequential code to you to decipher using the manual as to what the problem is.
Old April 16th, 2012, 9:07 PM
CF Veteran

FOT is in the inlet tube of the accumulator drier. I bet if you count the flashes on the CCP it will flash out a code that you can look up in the BCM troubleshooting section to find out what the problem is.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Administrator

OK if the lite just blinks a few times and goes out, then that's the same response you get when the outdoor temp is below 38*F or the temp sensor thinks it is. So you can verify that the sensor is correct. Also you can jumper the compressor and check the pressures to ensure that the they are correct cuz if they aren't, then the lo or hi pressure cutouts will kill the circuit.

Quick Reply: 01 tahoe a/c problem