Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

01 Tahoe intermittent start issue

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2017, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Tahoe intermittent start issue

Hi. My 2001 Tahoe LT been having some issues. Sometimes my key-fob won`t lock/unlock my doors. The problem with that, is that if I can`t unlock doors with key-fob, the security will kick in, and I can`t start. Just crank, and it will shut down again. (I need to take it to the dealer to get rid of the stupid security issue) Key-fob got new batteries and all that.
But the main issue lately, is that the engine will start (when cold) run longer than with the security-thing... (around 3-4 seconds) then stop. When I try to crank it again, it wont crank (just relays clicking, and some pretty loud clicks underneath the car (starter?) And all lights will turn off for some seconds. Seems like its the gear in the starter is jammed or something. (Had this issue on some older Volvo many years ago, and used the hammer-trick.) But the funny thing now, is that I don`t do anything, just wait for 20-30 minutes, and it will crank up like nothing, and run like a dream... Its not the starter-batteries (tried jumping)... Anyone got some experience with this? Got about 100 000 miles on the meter...

Last edited by Rune Larsen; January 29th, 2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Its a 2001....not 2002 :)