Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'02 Autoride questions...

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2009, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Autoride questions...

Hi all,
I have a couple questions on the Autoride feature- Our hoe is my wife's daily driver and grocery getter, never sees mud, and only goes into 4wd for snow or every couple weeks in the summer to keep it free. Not a hard life at all, mostly highways too. It has 127K on it, and has only broken an injector and needed tires, and we would like to drive the wheels off of it.
She had tires put on last weekend, the alignment showed green all the way around, things looked great, but the tech did say the shocks were getting old. No sweat, 127K, I could go for shocks.
WOW! I checked with NAPA, and even with some work discount, the autoride shocks are like 294 each.

My question is, since this is an easy life for this truck, can I simply put some good Bilstiens or takeoff Z71 shocks on it, and bypass the autoride? I didnt realize the fronts were active, but to honest, anymore, I come onto the forum to get some heads up before I even slide under it. Thanks in advance for any help or mods anyone might have done before.
I also need to replace a wheel hub/bearing, any advice for that would be great too. From what I have seen, it didnt look too bad.

Dig

Last edited by diggerdpilot; April 12th, 2009 at 6:32 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old April 12th, 2009, 8:06 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

You'll probably get a CEL. Also non-autoride shocks might not fit.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That seems like a steep price for shocks, but I never thought about a CEL. Oh well, I guess 127K will cost me one way or the other. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.