Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

02 Suburban brake lines

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2018, 8:47 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Suburban brake lines

I have a 2002 Suburban 2500 and need to replace part of the brake line. I am having trouble finding a reliable schematic detailing how the brake lines run under the hood. Where can I find this? There are tons of schematics that come up but none that look right when I use Google. Please and thank you.
Old March 19th, 2018, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem when I replaced the lines on my 2005 1500 Z71, I ended up just ordering the line kit and figuring it out. There are two lines from the master cylinder to the ABS module and from the ABS module a line to each wheel. The front passenger side goes from the module up to the front of the truck and under the radiator support to the front passenger wheel. FYI not sure if you plan on making your own lines or buying the kit, but if you need to replace your rear lines to each wheel, the line kit on my 05 only comes with the rear line from ABS module to rear "Y" fitting on rear axle, I couldn't find prefabbed line from the "Y" to each rear wheel so I had to make those. I was also able to snake the rear line from the drivers side rear wheel well up next to the frame without having to separate the chassis and frame without to much difficulty, just take some finesse. Also be sure to tape up the ends of the lines while installing them to keep any rust or dirt out of them.