Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

02 Tahoe issue

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Tahoe issue

Hello all!!

I have a 02 Tahoe 4.8 140,000 miles It was running real ruff at start up in the cold, I was told the throttle body should be cleaned, so I did it what a mess it was!! but was getting a service light and some misfiring, was told to ck the intake as they all seem to go at this stage of life. Took carb cleaner and sprayed around intake and sure enough it was the intake. So I just put a new gasket in and it runs ruff at idel?? I did have a problem getting one injector to seat it but seems to be ok now? AI sprayed carb cleaner around the intake and injectors and no change in running. Was told to give it a few days for the computer to relearn its self, but still nothing??

Any of you guys have any ideas?? Thanks!!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Im going to move your post to the Tahoe section -> Tahoe & Suburban - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums for more exposure..
Old April 23rd, 2013, 6:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!! I did not see there was a Tahoe se tion till aftr I posted, Sorry!

I and the friend that helped me do the intake have agreed that we belive the injectors on the drivers side are not seated right?? We had problems getting them to go in and bet that it not right? We will see this week end, if anyone else has any ides please jump in and say so!! I am open to all suggestions and not one of them guys that can't listen to others, I am not perfect! But the closest you will find, LOL thats what I tell my wife all the time!!