Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

02 Tahoe tighter turning or less body roll

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2016, 4:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Tahoe tighter turning or less body roll

hey guys,
i have a 02 Tahoe LT var. fuel 2x4. I few months back I replaced some of the front end components that needed updating like the control arms, sway bar end links and a couple of other parts. My baby is getting old so I'm trying to keep things updated when I can, and make improvements when I can too.

What i would like to do now is to tighten or reduce how much the truck sways /body roll when I turn. Can i do that by just replacing the Sway bar? If not what other parts do i need to replace.

BTW, the parts I replaced where MOOG parts. so I would like to stick to quality stuff without getting silly, i pockets aren't bottoms so to speak!! LOL

Thanks guys.

R
Old January 12th, 2016, 7:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

changing to low profile tires will do more to reduce sway than all other methods combined.

I never realized how much difference tires made until I dropped from 60 series to a performance set of 45's. This was on a car but the theory remains the same. there is a lot of flex from big aspect ratio sidewalls.
Old January 12th, 2016, 7:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey Tech2, thanks for the reply. Unfortunatelly, I just got tires so thats not an option, so I'm back to other mechanical solutions. I hear the Sway bar works well

R.
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

I just replaced the sway bar end links in my 2000 4x4 suburban. It helped a lot.

Last edited by seastrike; January 12th, 2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Auto correct
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:30 AM
CF Junior Member

hey seastrike,
what brand did you use? or do you know what brands to stick with?

Thanks
Bud
Old January 13th, 2016, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

I used the Moog heavy duty.
Old January 14th, 2016, 3:01 PM
CF Junior Member

hey seastrike,
i replace the end links as well with Moog, just not sure if they were HD or not. I also replaced a few other components with just to update the front suspension. Eventually I might end up replacing the springs and any other components I feel need to be updated. My truck is an 02 and she runs and looks great so I try to keep up with it as much as I can. I love that truck and want to make sure it stays up to par as long as possible.

Let me ask you. what brand woud you use for sway bars DMJ or Eibach? Its my understanding that as long as the truck is level with no load on the wheels I can just swap out the bars myself, which is my plan. I was told the DMJ's and bushings are a little thicker too, which i think would be and advantage for what they do.

Thanks
R