Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

03 Suburban 4l60e Issues.

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2020, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Suburban 4l60e Issues.

I have been lurking trying to determine what to do with my slipping trsnsmission. So far with the help of the forums and YouTube...I have replaced my fluid, which was already bright and clean when I drained
it, my filter. Which looked just fine, and my b solenoid. I also purchased a new Corvette style servo and installed it as wel . I also cleaned my map sensor and replaced my throttle position sensor. It still slips. It goes into d and reverse just fine. It also shifts perfectly when cold. After being driven to operating temperature, and only under very gradual accelerator such as in traffic, it slips causing the truck to rumble between first and second. All other shifts up and down are fine, quick and accurate. If I accelerate as normal. It shifts into second just fine. Before I threw the parts at it that I have, I had a flair between second and third. That has now been eliminated.

I am at a crossroads right now, this suburban is in great shape, everything else works perfectly despite 17 years and 210000 or so miles. I am considering changing both the a solenoid and the modulator for my next step. I also have a 2003 gmc envoy with a blown engine but good transmission. I was also wondering what modifications would be necessary to put it in this suburban if I must. Thanks in advance, due to my complete lack of knowledge. I am open and very thankful for any and all suggestions.
Old August 31st, 2020, 7:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

At 210k miles and trucks in good shape I'd just put a reman. trans. in it and be done for another 200k miles.
At that mileage everything is worn inside it, especially if you bought it used you don't know how it was treated.
The following users liked this post:
Silverfox103 (September 5th, 2020)
Old August 31st, 2020, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention. It has a trailer brake controller. Obviously previous owner towed with it. It's a older guy. He used it to tow a small camper. He has a Christian mission where he collects shoes wherever he can find them donated and delivers them to Appalachia. Rides up there with a load of shoes and gives them away. I suppose he also witnesses to those he meets while there. He sold it to me with deer damage after buying another suburban just like it. I stripped a neighbor's Tahoe for the body parts that the deer damaged and put it on the road. In my line of work, we destroy vehicles new and old. Lots of miles. Towing and rough characters riding and driving. We prepare and paint large industrial machinery. If I was to buy new. It would be covered in dents with a roached out interior within weeks.