Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 Suburban Z71 Steering problems

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2010, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Suburban Z71 Steering problems

I have a 04 Suburban Z71 whit some steering issues. I had it in to have the fuel pump replaced about 6 months ago. I also mentioned that the steering was loose and asked to have it looked at. The mechanic replaced the ball joint ends, pitman arm and some other things I can't remember. When I got it back the looseness was better but when turning at slow speeds (like into a parking space) the steering binds up and sticks. If i turn the wheel all the way to the left or right the truck will just go in circles. The steering wheel will not return to center.

I took it into another shop where they showed me that the alignment is completely out of whack and needed to drill out rivets and reset everything to get it back into spec. After this was complete, it is just as bad or worse.

I this needs to get fixed somehow but I can't afford to just throw money at it. Is there anyone else out there had this sort of problem? Thanks in advance for any advice.