Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07-2014 Tahoe & Suburban (Escalade, ... SUVs) Door Lock Actuator - Motor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2017, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 07-2014 Tahoe & Suburban (Escalade, ... SUVs) Door Lock Actuator - Motor Replacement

Not sure why my post keeps getting deleted.. I'm assuming Someone making big profits doesn't want it listed!

So like most of these vehicles owners, my 08 Tahoe had 3 of the door lock actuators stop working. I looked at replacing the whole actuator, and they're selling on eBay for $54 to $65. Still expensive I thought. I found a website that sells just the motor and gear for over $34.00 .. Still too expensive given the amount of work needed to get it replaced.

So I look into buying the actual motor - I bought some for about $10/ piece including gears. The manufacturer told me the 22135 (one being sold for $34.xx) had a defect in that it would fail again shortly. So I bought the higher end motors, with high reliability brushes. Now, the question is, if I sold these at $15/ piece say on eBay - who would be interested in buying? These are the higher reliability motors, tested to GM standard specification with Gears. Let me know. PM

Last edited by sihamb2; September 19th, 2017 at 2:51 PM.