Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'07 burban overheating issue

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2018, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 burban overheating issue

I'm stumped and hoping for the best. Suburban is over heating immediately upon warming up. Replaced the thermostat. Thermostat works, I've tested it. No oil in the water and no water in the oil. Still overheats with new thermostat. To be sure I've tested with 3 brand new thermostats. Still over heats. Here's the kicker, when I bleed the water thru the system I get massive bubbling in the reservoir causing the water to spill out. The thermostat seems to be opening although there also seems to be low flow thru the lower hose. My mechanic friend hasn't seen this before and is looking into it. He did suggest that there could be a leak in the head compressing air and exhaust thru the line hence the massive bubbling. I know there is a test that can determine if the coolant has exhaust mixed in it but mechanic is not quite ready to run that test. We know it could be the water pump &/or the radiator, but we jusy dont see that very often with this engine. Has anyone across this before?
Old October 26th, 2018, 7:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Bubbling in coolant is exhaust getting into the coolant. Probably needs head gaskets.