Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Suburban Engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2017, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Suburban Engine replacement

Hey guys,
Looking at purchasing a 07 suburban that recently had the engine replaced with new. Seller has the paperwork and warranty info for it. I know there have been a ton of problems with this engine and oil consumption (as well as other issues). My question is whether or not the new engines being put in have had these problems resolved or would I just be looking at dealing with the same issues just on a new motor? Love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!
Old December 15th, 2017, 7:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it you are referring to the 5.3 liter with AFM (Active Fuel Management). Since you know there was a problem with the original you could totally stay away from the deal or else make sure the vehicle is priced accordingly. I only saw some info that things were changed in 2011 but haven’t seen proof. On the other hand, buying a Burb with a new engine is enticing. If you buy it, run the Deoxos approved 5W-30 and change your oil regularly. Never let the oil get EGR really dirty. Not all these engines failed. Hope it works out for you.

SD