Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'07 Suburban radio issues

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2015, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Suburban radio issues

Sorry if this has been asked, but I searched around and couldn't find anyone having the exact same issue as I have….. it seems that everyone else has all or none while mine is some or all…

What I mean by this is, when the radio is on, the tweeters on the front dash and the tweeters in the far rear are always on and working no matter what, while all the rest of the speakers in the vehicle come and go as they please.. The majority of the time when the door speakers come on, they all come on together. occasionally the drivers side door speaker will cut off while the rest are on. I would say that we are listening to tweeters only 90% of the time and have the entire system playing 10% of the time. can anyone point me in the direction of what might be causing this???? I considered replacing the head unit but I wanted to check and see if this has happened and been resolved by anyone before doing this.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old January 22nd, 2015, 3:32 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum
I would start with reseating the connections at the back of the radio and at the amp if you have one... what system do you have Bose, non Bose...
If I recall the amp is located under the center console with the Bose system.
You likely have a bad connection somewhere....
Old January 22nd, 2015, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

it is a non-bose system
Old January 22nd, 2015, 3:50 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd pull the head unit and disconnect and reconnect the harnesses, I am not sure if the non Bose systems have an amp but you can pull the center console and check...
Attached Thumbnails '07 Suburban radio issues-amp-location.jpg  
Old January 23rd, 2015, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks I'll try that and see, I wasn't sure if this may be one of the odd issues that this year model seems to be riddled with
Old March 18th, 2015, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default My last GM vehicle

I replaced all four of my door speakers. 3 are working now.

The door panels do not reseat properly. One rear tweeter is out. I'll replace that next.

Will never buy another GM vehicle. I have had 3 Suburbans and they all have these annoying problems that just can't be fixed.
Old March 19th, 2015, 1:41 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by thompjs
I replaced all four of my door speakers. 3 are working now.

The door panels do not reseat properly. One rear tweeter is out. I'll replace that next.

Will never buy another GM vehicle. I have had 3 Suburbans and they all have these annoying problems that just can't be fixed.
I've had the door panels on and off repeatedly on both my '01 and '08 Burbs. Never had any problem reinstalling the panels.

Never had any problems with the sound systems either. I guess I'm just lucky. Then again, out of 12 vehicles I've owned, I've never owned a lemon.

And as the saying goes, "the only common denominator in all of your bad relationships is you."
Old March 19th, 2015, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Door Panel issues

The upper corner toward the rear of the vehicle will not stay engaged. That is on all four doors. One of my neighbors is car mechanic and can't figure it out either.

There are a bunch of threads about the speakers mysteriously working then suddenly not. The general theme is just start replacing everything until it works again.

For the initial poster in this thread. Replace speakers and see if that fixes it.
Old March 19th, 2015, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Crutchfield

Crutchfield will sell you adapters that fit perfectly and moisture shields too with a set of speakers.
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

I have this same issue I recently replaced all door speakers the back door speakers work now. the front door speakers however come on for about 2 minuets and shut off is this a amp issue or radio issue factory radio and amp.