Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe 5 years trouble free :)

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2012, 7:34 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe 5 years trouble free :)

October is the anniversary for my 2007 Chevy Tahoe, she is 5 years old now with 76,000 miles.
She is all original, still have the factory tires and brake pads on her, and will probably get 80k from the Brigdgestones
I have only had to take her in for "repairs" 3 times, all under warranty.

I do have the peeling steering wheel but that is it

I have replaced a couple of batteries, have had a check engine light that was resolved by re-seating the gas cap. She has truly been trouble free.
She has been as far south in Texas as you can go,(Brownsville) and as far north as Bozeman Montana, as far west as Santa Monica California and as far east as Kansas City Kansas. (there is just nothing really that interesting any further east of that ) (My 97 Tahoe went as far as Washington DC)

I have seen many a complaint while on this forum but I wanted to post a positive one that shows that there is at least one, very satisfied and happy GM owner out there.

(I'm knocking on wood as I type this)

Last edited by in2pro; October 8th, 2012 at 7:36 PM.
Old October 8th, 2012, 8:07 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Good to hear that there's at least one good one out there.

Folks have to remember that not many people w/o problems post on forums, be it cars & trucks or TVs & DVD players.
Old October 13th, 2012, 3:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Keep that piece of wood handy.

Our steering wheel started peeling and they replaced the whole wheel, as there was not a fix or explaination as to why it was peeling.
Do plan on using "Protect All" on it from now on to help protect it from the sun.
Lee
Old October 13th, 2012, 7:12 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I would avoid applying anything to the painted interior parts, as the protectant can penetrate the minute holes and scratches in the paint and cause the paint to delaminate... yes alot of the interior like the dash and other color matched parts are painted...
Old October 15th, 2012, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have an 07 and other than the brake light issue I posted about the other day, it has been a great vehicle. as far as the painted interior parts, does anyone know if you can purchase touchup paint in those colors? I have a tiny chip on the front of my dash I would love to fix.