Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe-Adding 3rd Seat

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe-Adding 3rd Seat

Has anyone added a 3rd seat to their 2007 Tahoe. I purchased the Base LS which did not come w/a third seat. I know they sell 3rd seats often on ebay (just can't find them in my cashmere/tan interior yet!) but they don't sell or I can't find the bracketing hardware.

Thanks!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe-Adding 3rd Seat

The 3rd row seat bracket weldment is part of the floor installed at the factory; it would be extremely difficult to get an OEM 3rd row seat installed, most shops won’t have anything to do with an undertaking such as this for liability reasons.

I would sell and replace or trade-in my Tahoe for one with 3rd a row before I attempted this.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 9:44 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Agreed. But if you must check with a Company called LEBROC. They offered a 3rd seat for the H2. When I bought ours it didnt come with one, however the brackets for the 3rd seat worked with the interior brackets that held the tire in place. We ditched the spare from inside and thru it instorage.So they may not offer one due to Zx's reply about no internal welding available.
Old July 6th, 2007, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

I contacted apersoninTexas through e-baythat works at the factory and got methe third rowseat and hardware for alittle over$1000.Everythingwas new and OEM. It was shipped to my house in three days. Intallation was not thatdifficult taking a littleover an hour. The hardware screwed directly in to the frame under the carpet.
Old July 6th, 2007, 4:20 PM
CF Addict

Would you mind providing me with his contact information?
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

When you said it screwed into the frame under the carpet, are you referring to the floor pan?
Old July 7th, 2007, 8:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The 3rd row seat bracket weldment is part of the floor installed at the factory; it would be extremely difficult to get an OEM 3rd row seat installed, most shops won't have anything to do with an undertaking such as this for liability reasons.

I would sell and replace or trade-in my Tahoe for one with 3rd a row before I attempted this.
I agree with ZX, I went on a call once to a MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) where the 3rd row seat bracket had ripped out of the floor pan. It was an aftermarket job, thus the reason I do not recommend adding this feature. Since children are the most likely passengers in the 3rd row, I definately would not take a chance, plus it can wind up in the back of the heads of the second or first row passengers in a frontal impact.
Old July 7th, 2007, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

My contact email for the company is: helix1970@hotmail.com

The total cost for a new 2007 3rd row seat (cloth bench with seat belts), complete hardware and shipping came to $1070. Everything was OEM and it had installation instructions. My contact was very helpful and said he would be avalable by phone if needed. In my intallation, I did not need any help.

The bolts screwed into the frame (or floor pan) under the carpet which had prewelded threads.
Old July 7th, 2007, 9:25 AM
CF Addict

What is his name, address and phone #?
Old July 22nd, 2007, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

I just got off the phone with Brad, (the person the Retsprah mentioned) he was SUPER nice. I know with prior year Suburban/Tahoes that all of the bolts etc.. for the 3rd row seat areon the vehicle regardless of if the 3rd seat was placed in at time it came off the line. They are under the carpet and in the floor pan. I wasn't sure about 2007s though. Apparently this is true as well. Brad advised if you pull up your carpet on your floor pan there will be bolting that is covered up with putty or something, you scrap the putty off and this is where the bars are bolted to, you lay down your carpet and cut slits where the bars are for the seat to connect. (Forgive me if I'm not using the right names bolts and bars..) He also had the covers which you lay on the carpet if necessary. Brad lives in Texas where the Chevy factory is and is able to get the bolting & brackets direct from the factory. The seats were $800, $120 for the brackets and $150 for shipping to Northern California where I live. I haven't ordered them yet but 99% I will.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe-Adding 3rd Seat