Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2008, 2:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®

I looked at the two options that have been linked in this thread. My concern with the JL stealthbox is the bolded area below. My center console has AC vents--don't all the tahoes? Not that I have that many people sitting back there, but I would think they would like AC and heat if they do.

THE HARD DATA:
Contains one 10W1v2-4 in a sealed enclosure. 300 Watt power handling. Wired for 4 ohm mono. Stealthbox® installs inside forward-most portion of front center console and replaces the OEM "subwoofer” system, if vehicle is so equipped. Will not fit Trucks with AC vents on the back of the center console or vehicles with deep storage area in front of cup holders. Will not fit Full-Size "Classic” Trucks, Chevrolet SSR, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, Hummer H2 SUT.

For the qlogic option, the pics don't seem to show the 07 tahoe (based on the way the seats are folding on the pic). I don't know if there is really enough room under the automatic flipping seats for something this size. I could be wrong...[/b]
Old February 13th, 2008, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The JL will not work if you have vents in the back of the center console. The installer confirmed this with me. The QLogic is made for the '07 and '08 as they are vitually the same. Supposedly, and they did look at my rear seats, the box should fit with no problem.
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
CF Active Member

This is what I have....12" Kicker....Pioneer 600x1W amp that fits perfectly under the seat.

Old February 14th, 2008, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Could you provide a manufacturer link? Is that the subbox locatedbetween the middle row seats? Does it sound better than the Bose sub that comes with the system?
Old February 14th, 2008, 2:24 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: beden1

Could you provide a manufacturer link? Is that the subbox locatedbetween the middle row seats? Does it sound better than the Bose sub that comes with the system?
Yes the sub is between the 2nd row captains chairs. You can step on it....very durable if you have people that have to go to the 3rd row. I would sasy it sounds a TON better then the Bose sub. Just keep in mind that the Kicker sub is power hungry so you'll want to push at least 400x1 watts....then the space under the seat is limited. The amp I got was the best for both price and size that I could find. Here is the shop i bought it from....100% positive feedback.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rodneys-Custom-Speaker-Boxes

Old February 14th, 2008, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your help.
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:38 AM
CF Senior Member

I still have it, brand new in the sealed box, sitting at my house in Vegas.
Old February 20th, 2008, 7:46 PM
CF Junior Member

so i have a 07LS with the jumpseat. will this fit flush in the space i have under the radio console? it looks like it would..can anyone clarify this? i want to put a kickerL7 in that thing
Old February 26th, 2008, 1:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Okay, I feel bad for this.

A few people inquired about the Stealthbox I've had for over a year now just sitting in the garage. After doing all of the research on pricing the box, shipping the box, and researching doing the actual install, I just decided to finally keep the box and go ahead and do the install myself this weekend. I'm going with a JL Audio 250/2 v2 bridged off of the factory Bose amp. I'll see if my guy will take pictures for me while he's doing the install.

Old March 7th, 2008, 8:03 AM
CF Senior Member

The Stealthbox is in! Let me just say, the sound is night and day compared to the factory Bose sub that was originally installed! The Stealthbox bumps, and it sounds great with the existing Bose system. I've had to turn the amp waaaaay down because it bumps so hard. I've been asked if it's worth the price. That's a subjective question. I paid $350 for the Stealthbox about 13 months ago. I see them online still for almost $600. I'm glad I got it for almost half the price. If you want bumpin' bass and don't want to take up space or for anyone to see your box, then it's worth it. I made sure to go with the JL Audio 250x1 V.2 amp.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®