Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Driver Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2006, 3:26 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe Driver Side Mirror

The power extension feature is gone (too many problems) you'll have to pull them out manually.
Old August 14th, 2006, 4:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angel:

I have the folding mirrors and want the camper mirrors. I'd be willing to sell you mine as soon as the camper mirrors are available for my truck. The only thing is they are already painted Bermuda Blue.
Old August 14th, 2006, 4:06 PM
CF Active Member

Man that sux... I loved that feature... I never had a problem with mine... about the only thing on that truck I never had a problem with
Old August 14th, 2006, 8:37 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: jasonw75

The only thing is they are already painted Bermuda Blue.
Great color!
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM
CF Active Member

ZX- I actually ordered a white Suburban but when it came in my Tahoe was in the showroom. I had to have it. I love the color. I'm kinda missing the room and power but I love the ride and sporty feel of the Tahoe!
Old August 17th, 2006, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE ON VIBRATING MIRROR.......Well........I took my Tahoe in for it's 3rd replacment mirror and it still vibrates!!!!!!!! How frustrating. I have to give kudos to our service tech. He has gone out of his way to try to resolve the issue and to be accomodating to us (Nick @ Huber Chevrolet in Omaha). He has pulled no BS and has stated that GM is aware of the issue and will inform me of any future repairs. Still unsure what is causing this. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing or knows of any other causes.......please let me know. Thanks again for everyone's help!!!!
Old August 17th, 2006, 4:34 PM
CF Active Member

Hello,
I just received mine back from the dealership from having this issue looked at and the tech took the mirror apart and reassembled with proper torque specs and the mirror still vibrated.
The tech is ordering a new mirror actuator, we'll see if this solves the problem when the part comes in.

Also, you may want to check your mirros for whistling. My mirrors whistled at 40-50mph and the tech noticed as well in both mirrors, so they inserted foam tape per service bulletin and whistle went away.
Just a heads up though if yours whistles.

Thanks, Jay
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have bad news for you folks... I have an '05 Tahoe, and today was the THIRD trip to the dealer. I have heard it is my bug deflector, the big tires that came on the truck (Goodyear Wrangler AT/S), etc. etc. etc. They have replaced the entire mirror unit 2 times already & balanced and rotated my tires both times (I have just under 10,000). Each time I pick it up the virbration is either not there, or so slight you hardly notice it - but give it a day or two, and it's right back to hopping all over the place. I have tried the trick of bringing the mirrors in & out 3 times, it helped slightly, but did not elimnate it entirely. The passenger mirror is perfect, never moves at all. I could kick myself for not looking for others online that are having the same problem. But I can tell you, Chevy has had to have known about this problem for awhile now. I have also had the whistle problem too at high rates of speed, but that can be fixed by having the windshield resealed, but still on a rare occasion it will still do it.

Prior to this truck I had an '03 Tahoe, bug guard & all, and never had a single problem with it. I'm a Chevy girl, but I can tell you one thing, this is working on my last nerve! My service guy had been great at Sir Walter in Raleigh, NC - but now that I know there is a Service Bulletin on it, I'm not very happy they weren't straight up with me. I'll be paying them a little visit come Monday morning. I'll post if I receive add'l information.
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Service Bulletin is #3671 for '05 & '06 found at http://www.theautochannel.com/db/servicebulletins.html
No '07 info yet there.

Found the same bulletin for my husband's '04 Silverado - his mirror vibrates, but just slightly (at least for
now that is).

Old August 21st, 2006, 2:16 PM
CF Addict

TSB #06-08-64-027 Deals with this issue on the new 2007 Tahoe.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe Driver Side Mirror