Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 TAHOE HEADLIGHTS! YOU GOT THIS PROBLEM?

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2006, 8:30 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07 TAHOE HEADLIGHTS! YOU GOT THIS PROBLEM?

For some reason both my headlights seem to have a film, or cloudy look on the casing.

It is really only visible with the headlights on. However it doesnt wipe off, but it looks as if it is on the ouside. I dont know what the heck it is. But it has continued to get worse over the last few weeks. Both of them seem to be getting cloudly almost like a moisture problem. WOuld you guys please go turn your headlights on and take a look at them and see if you have this issue?

Thanks guys, Landon.
Old October 21st, 2006, 8:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 TAHOE HEADLIGHTS! YOU GOT THIS PROBLEM?

Funny you mention this... I took delivery of my 07 on Monday and noticed it that night. I tried Windex, etc... and nothing.

I had to go to the dealer today for them to buff some stuff out from prep and told them about the light problem. The General Manager just took delivery of an 07 for himself and looked seeing the same thing. Now mine got pulled into the service bay and the service manager looked at it. If it were just mine, he'd brush it off, but now that the GM's has it too, the SM is calling the factory on Monday. They looked at a couple other new ones on the lot and saw the same problem as well.

I'll let you know what I find out on Monday. They've never seen this before and to have two vehicles with the same problem at the same time has made the SM wonder.

Sit tight - I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:02 PM
CF Addict

Thanks, let me kwow when you find out. I know if I take it in they wont think that it is a problem with the light housing. THey will just think that I got something on the lights etc!

I will take mine in but I showed them once and they thought I was crazy and that it was my fault! Yep my fault for keeping the vehicle so clean that every GM flaw sticks out like a terd in a punch bowl.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:15 PM
CF Senior Member

I have a very good relationship with the service manager - he was the person that reproduced the massive water leak on my 04 Avalanche.

Of course, the paperwork I had to complete today was the final docs for the GM Buyback of my Avalanche. I am now officially the proud owner of a 2007 Tahoe LT (3LT). Woo-hoo!!!!!

Initially, when the sales rep told the SM about the problem, he didn't say it was for me. After the SM looked at it, the sales dude told him, and suddenly there was even more attention paid to the problem.

I have confidence that the SM will get GM to replace the headlight assemblies without a problem or question.

Here's one thing to keep in mind: my AV was built in March 2006 whereas the General Manager's was built 3 weeks ago!!! Same probelm on both?? Odd.

Have you checked to see if there's a TSB on them yet?? I'm gonna take a look in a little while.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:22 PM
CF Addict

I havent talked to anyone nor found anything out. So let me know what you find. My dealership is the type that will not say this is a GM problem.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:44 PM
CF Senior Member

I couldn't find any publically accessable TSBs for the head light problem. Maybe ZX has better access (I'm sure he does).
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
CF Addict

I would like to hear from ZX on this issue and the hood issue TSB. He must be out partying tonight.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in this also. I noticed the same thing on my '07 Ave. I was also met with some crazy look at the dealer when I mentioned it.

~digdug
Old October 22nd, 2006, 1:17 AM
CF Addict

Dig Dug,

You have it too?
Old October 22nd, 2006, 2:57 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No TSB,
This is normal and it is a feature that you should be glad you have, the lenses are clear but are coated with a material to help prevent damage from debris striking the lens, when the headlights are on you can see the coating but only if you look intently.

You guys really should go for a drive and try to enjoy your Tahoe's once in while.

Quick Reply: 07 TAHOE HEADLIGHTS! YOU GOT THIS PROBLEM?