Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'07 Tahoe LTZ A/C issues

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Tahoe LTZ A/C issues

I replaced my Tahoe's A/C controls in the cabin when I first bought it (due to peeling on the buttons). It worked great for a while but then stopped working completely. I took it to the dealer and they said that the wires were burnt up and I needed a new wiring harness and blower motor. Cost me about $300 and I thought everything was working fine again until I went on a trip that was longer than 30 minutes. If I have the A/C on about halfway after 10-15 minutes it will cut off completely . . . then if I put the blower speed all the way on High it will make a loud noise on the passenger side, but eventually start blowing out cold air again on high fan setting . . . Then of course I have to turn it back down but it will eventually turn off again . . . .

Any suggestions on what this could be? I've taken it back to the dealer but they are telling me it is the automatic control cutting off the A/C but this cannot be the case because it still gets hot in the cabin . . . . Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.