Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe No Warning Chime Sounds/Stereo

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe No Warning Chime Sounds/Stereo

I apologize if this is already been posted but I was unable to find it.

Several months ago, my stereo speakers started working intermittently. More recently, I noticed that when this happened, I didn't have any warning chimes (seat belt, door lock button, back up sensors). Now, they only work about 5% of the time.

I know there was a TSB for this same problem but it was for the Bose system, which I do not have. There is no amp under my center console.

I went to the local dealer and tried to explain that what is listed in the TSB (which I had a printed copy of) is exactly what is happening with my truck. He had a hard time comprehending this and kept asking if my check engine light was on . The only "help" he could offer was to leave my truck with them for a couple days to diagnose. But they couldn't get me in for a few weeks because of all the recalls.

First, I need my vehicle for work, so "a couple days" is too long. Second, I am not really happy with the prospect of getting a bill from the dealer and them telling me either they don't know or they couldn't "duplicate" the issue. I've been down that road before with electric problems in my 03 trailblazer and them keeping it for 3 weeks.

If anyone has any help or suggestions, I would very much appreciate it!