Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe RSE lost remote and temp fixes?

Search this Thread

Old February 29th, 2008, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe RSE lost remote and temp fixes?

I just got a used 07 LTZ, and my wife and I love it! (Nicest car I've ever owned)

Anyway, after transfering Onstar, the pull down dvd doesn't automatically come on and the remote keyless stops working after 15 mins.

I know we need to take it to the dealer for the RKE stuff, but is there something I can do to get the back screen to come on w/o the remote (it just came on before).

Any tips before a weekend trip with our 11 month old daughter would be appreciated. And if I can reset a fuse to get the RKE working temporarily...

Thanks for your time,

Jeb
Old February 29th, 2008, 2:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe RSE lost remote and temp fixes?

If you're talking about the tahoe shutting off after 15 minutes when you used the remote start.. mine does the same thing. I think it's a safty thing, or a fuel saving thing, or just a stupid thing. Not sure which? It does help in getting the girl to hurry up when she's getting ready, though...Now she's on a timer. Not sure about the DVD issue. Mine has always worked. Are you initiating it from the front dash display?
Old February 29th, 2008, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

No the keyless entry (lock, unlock, etc) stop working after 15 mins. A known software issue that can be fixed at the dealer.

I have to order a remote for the rear screen, but when I open it, it does not turn on like it used to. I'm hoping that I just need the remote to hit the power button...
Old February 29th, 2008, 8:42 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. I believe you will need to remote to turn on the rear screen. Check the owner's manual. If you don't have one, sign up here and you can view/download all of the info for the truck incl. nav, OnStar, etc : http://www.mygmlink.com

Remote start runs a max of ten minutes unless you redo it and that will add ten minutes to the time that's left.
Old March 1st, 2008, 9:07 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

yes, order the remote from your dealer and it should just turn on with the remote