Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Squeaking Over Bumps Only When I Depress Gas

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2013, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Squeaking Over Bumps Only When I Depress Gas

New poster, previous lurker. I have an 07 Tahoe LT that I bought used with about 55k on it. Had it checked out pretty thoroughly before I bought it, had no serious issues.

Within the last month, it has started making a squeaking sound when I go over bumps, but only when the gas pedal is depressed. If I am coasting or braking and hit a bump, it doesn't make the same sound.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 8:45 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Squeaks can be subjective to the listener...
I would suggest checking all the motor and transmission mounts
inspect the sway bar end links, consider a few squirts or silicone lubricant into the sway bar bushings...
I would also consider having the the spline shaft inspected/lubricated
Inspect the u-joints...
Check the front struts, make sure the springs are seated and the rubber seat is not torn or the spring mis-aligned.
Check that the rear shocks are securely tighten...

Some of these items may not make squeaks but more grind or clunk sounds, but since the sound could be heard differently, I listed some of the more likely sources of sounds while moving...

Lastly don't rule out checking all the engine air intake snorkel assembly for correct fitment and that all clamps are secure... the squeak could also maybe be a sound created by air sucking... just some thoughts....
Old November 3rd, 2013, 5:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

funny my 07 suburban just started doing the same thing. when i accelerate i hear a squeak and click. i researched a bit and saw that it could be my ball joints or control arm bushings. funny when it gets cold out it does it and when it gets warm out it stops. i also found something where the body mount insulator is the problem. don't know if i can post a link to another forum but here goes

Pop or clunk while turning or driving
Old November 4th, 2013, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum
Squeaks can be subjective to the listener...
I would suggest checking all the motor and transmission mounts
inspect the sway bar end links, consider a few squirts or silicone lubricant into the sway bar bushings...
I would also consider having the the spline shaft inspected/lubricated
Inspect the u-joints...
Check the front struts, make sure the springs are seated and the rubber seat is not torn or the spring mis-aligned.
Check that the rear shocks are securely tighten...

Some of these items may not make squeaks but more grind or clunk sounds, but since the sound could be heard differently, I listed some of the more likely sources of sounds while moving...

Lastly don't rule out checking all the engine air intake snorkel assembly for correct fitment and that all clamps are secure... the squeak could also maybe be a sound created by air sucking... just some thoughts....
thank you very much, this is what i was looking for.
Old November 4th, 2013, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
funny my 07 suburban just started doing the same thing. when i accelerate i hear a squeak and click. i researched a bit and saw that it could be my ball joints or control arm bushings. funny when it gets cold out it does it and when it gets warm out it stops. i also found something where the body mount insulator is the problem. don't know if i can post a link to another forum but here goes

Pop or clunk while turning or driving
i dont hear a click or pop at all, it is just a low, whiny squeak when i go over bumps while accelerating.
Old November 9th, 2013, 5:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

probably the bushings then...control arm or ball joint. let us know what you find
Old May 11th, 2017, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Curious

Did you ever find out what this was? I am having the exact same problem now. Thanks!
Originally Posted by squeakytahoe
New poster, previous lurker. I have an 07 Tahoe LT that I bought used with about 55k on it. Had it checked out pretty thoroughly before I bought it, had no serious issues.

Within the last month, it has started making a squeaking sound when I go over bumps, but only when the gas pedal is depressed. If I am coasting or braking and hit a bump, it doesn't make the same sound.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.