Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Transmission Shot to Hell

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Transmission Shot to Hell

I have an '07 LTZ 4x4 with 8000 miles that I bought new in April. Today, while under normal driving conditions, the transmission went out... I heard the engine rev, the transmission spin, and then the only gear I had left was Low 1. Immediately drove to dealership very slowly and they were all scratching their heads. When they tried to drive it into the service bay, it wouldn't go at all, so they towed it there. I'm about to go through the ROOF.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks.
Old August 27th, 2006, 3:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe Transmission Shot to Hell

I have a 07 Tahoe with 4000 miles. Transmission also shot. I was pulling out of my neighborhood and I can hear the truck rev but it wouldn't go past 1st gear. The funny thing is that I brought it into the dealership earlier in the week since the I was experiencing the tranny being weak and not shifting. They said they road tested the truck and was unable to reproduce the problem. Sure enough the tranny went out on me on Sunday. This doesn't stop here. The tow truck that came and towed my car wrecked my front bumper by winching it up the flatbed. I would check your front bumper for damage. The Chevy dealership has taken full responsibility and they are repainting the bumper for me.

My truck has been in the shop for over a week now. The service guy told me that its not the tranny. It's the computer that controls the tranny. Since its such a "new" truck the parts have to be pulled from the assembly line. My car has been in the shop since last Sunday. Tomorrow will offically be a week in the shop. I do not know when I will get it back. I'm thinking about pursuing the CA lemon law on the dealership.

Let me know what happens with your Tahoe.

Good Luck!
Old August 27th, 2006, 3:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey FriscoKid - did u get yours from Stonebriar? I am in Frisco as well and we picked ours up July 8th.
ORIGINAL: FriscoKid

I have an '07 LTZ 4x4 with 8000 miles that I bought new in April. Today, while under normal driving conditions, the transmission went out... I heard the engine rev, the transmission spin, and then the only gear I had left was Low 1. Immediately drove to dealership very slowly and they were all scratching their heads. When they tried to drive it into the service bay, it wouldn't go at all, so they towed it there. I'm about to go through the ROOF.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks.
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

I bought it from a buddy at Classic in Grapevine. Since I live in Frisco, I drove it to Stonebriar for service.
Old August 27th, 2006, 1:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally when this condition appears it is a faulty shift solenoid or servo or, on rare occasion an improperly assembled valve body.
As far as I know all of these parts are in the system and ready for shipping, have your dealer tell you what part (A part# would be great) that they can’t get and post it back up on this thread and I will try and help you out.
Old August 27th, 2006, 4:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks! I should know more tomorrow. I had a 2500 Suburban 4x4 that had a solenoid go out, but that felt nothing like what happened yesterday. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I appreciate the offer.
Old August 28th, 2006, 2:20 PM
CF Active Member

Man, can there be anymore issues with this truck? I have an '07 Tahoe LT3 and I've had some warranty work done, but issues like this worry me because my family travels alot and that's the last thing I need is to break down in the middle of no where.
Should we chalk this one up on the board next to the list of issues everyone is having? I think so.
Thanks, Jay
Old August 28th, 2006, 2:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deejayrock

Man, can there be anymore issues with this truck?
Only if it were built by Volkswagen.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
CF Junior Member

***FOLLOW UP***

I picked-up my Tahoe yesterday (Friday.) The transmission had a broken SPRAG (WTF?) which was replaced, as well as the clutch. I'll give you the full details once I get the service receipt.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
CF Active Member

Things do break from time to time. One problem does not make it a lemon. Just because somebody else's transmission broke doesn't mean yhay They all will, Anytime You have moving parts, Things will break and wear out. Don't everybody go off the deep end, Isn't that why Yoy all bought New Vehicles, for the WARRANTY?

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe Transmission Shot to Hell