Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe vs. 07 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2006, 3:42 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe vs. 07 Silverado

I watched a infomercial today about the new 07 Silverado. I expected alot of similarities between the Silverado and the Tahoe, but I actually feel that the Silverado hasseveral neatfeatures the Tahoe doesn't offer.
First, the Silverado has two glove boxes. And you can actually fit the owners manual in either one!!!

Next there is a lockable storage compartment under the middle seat for bench equipped models. That would be a goodplace to store the owners manualon LS model Tahoes.

Also, when using the On Stardirections it displays the directions in the odometer window. We recently upgraded our Safe and Sound plan to include the directions and while being able to record the directions is helpful, trying to drive in unfamiliar areas and constantly having to push the phone button to play and pause directions is less than desirable or safe.

Also, the Z71 is available in 2wd or 4wd. I haven't heard whether that is the case with the Tahoe. I would venture to say that at least 75% of owners could easily get by without needing 4wd. Utilizing a Eaton locking rear differential the Silverado and the Tahoe(if it is available)can go many places without the extra drag or wear and tear of a 4wd drivetrain.

Lastly, 4 different engine options. They did say that all the 5.3l were flex fuel. That could be a mistake. As I found out after I had already signed on the bottom line that 40% of all Tahoes built are not flex fuel. And yes I am bitter, however my doctor tells me I am making good progress.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe vs. 07 Silverado

They are two different animals, it's sort of like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. You can get a 4WD Tahoe as I didn't my insurance would really go up and I would like to have it, but I live in California where I really don't need it.
Old December 18th, 2006, 9:47 PM
CF Active Member

Apparently it is apples to oranges. As a business guy it would make more sense to me to have as much commonality between the two, thus reducing your cost per unit.
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:12 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

compare an Avalanche to a tahoe more like apples to apples there..but not even so much