Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe won’t start after new TPS

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2019, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe won’t start after new TPS

Hey guys, I just replaced the throttle position sensor in my 2007 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L. I completely removed the throttlebody and cleaned it out as well. After installing everything and re-connecting the battery I just get a clicking sound and the engine will not turn over. Any ideas??
Old May 31st, 2019, 11:48 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

clicking sound is generally a poor connection. start with the battery make sure you cant move the wires by hand. if you can then tighten, if you cant then make sure the battery is fully charged and try to unhook the connection and re-tighten
Old May 31st, 2019, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disconnected everything including the throttle body and sensor and reinstalled again. This seems to have fixed the problems. Battery cables looked OK and started right up. My only concern now is it didn’t do the relearn procedure and is idling normal.. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this clears the check engine light for good and passes emissions!
Old June 1st, 2019, 3:24 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Going by memory, you start it in park and let it idle for 3 minutes. Turn off for 1 minute. start in part and idle for 3 minutes. Idle should now be back to normal.

You can monitor RPM with a good scan tool. It'll show desired RPMs and actual RPMs. It'll idle high at first then slowly lower until desired and actual are the same.

When I did mine, I just let it idle until the RPMs came down and stayed steady (700 RPMs or so). Didn't know there was a relearn procedure.