Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 V4/V8 issues

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 V4/V8 issues

I have a 2007 LTZ 4WD with 65000 miles on it.
I am having some issues that the dealer can not seem to figure out, and was wondering if anyone else has had any of the same problems and what the outcome may have been.

On cold starts (first start of the morning and/or starting after more than 5ish hours) the engine will turn over and catch, but there is a loud clunk, and some time the clunck sound will come with a jerk of the car. This sound comes directly from the engine bay, and several times this has cause the car tol shut off following this sound. It always starts right back and keeps going, and has never done this on a warm start, and warm starts are always smooth and noise free.

The other this is that riding down the road a can hear valve chatter, both cruising and light acceleration. Also while driving I can HEAR and FEEL the engine cutting into and out of 4 and 8 cyl. I have turned the gauge on some to make sure that I am hearing the right thing and without a doubt I can tell this is happening. When the engine drops to 4 I can feel the jerk from the engine, hear the noise get much louder, and feel the vibration through out the car. (I have had the car since it was new and know that this has gotten worse since about 10k ago)

Please reply back with any comments or advice....
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

check out the top sticky in the Tahoe forum and read the issues some have had with the AC shutting down the engine when the remote start is used , see if it sounds similar.
The rough V4 could be poor engine performance maybe a tank or two of good detergent gas or a bottle of injector cleaner.