Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default 07 Wiper blades

Has anyone found aftermarket (Trico, Anco, etc) replacement blade refills? Also looking for winter blades.

The new attachment method while easy to install/remove blades seems to be unique so far. []
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:33 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 07 Wiper blades

The dealership has them! Just go by after hours and make a quick 30 second swap with ones off a new tahoe on the lot! HEHE, Just kidding.

I would like the same information ^^^^^^^^^

Shark, you a big MU fan? What do you think of their basketball team this year? Have you been to a game there? We get box tickets to about every game, I am not sure what to think of them yet.
Old November 16th, 2006, 1:39 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: 07 Wiper blades

Wouldn't say I'm a big fan. I enjoy watching them (both football & basketball) but have never been to a basketball game. Went to every football game when I was there which included the undefeated 1960 team (thanks KU!). Also went to a few away games.

Re: this year's basketball game. I've seen one game on TV and listened to several. They are a young team and if they don't improve their charity shots, they won't win many Big 12 games but I like what I see in the new coach.

BTW I'm sure the dealer parts dept. has the blades also.
Old January 11th, 2009, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain-X Latiitude-2 Problem

***************** PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ****************
This review only applies to Rain-X Latitude-2 wiper blade designed for what Rain-X describes as Insert & Lock (I&L) wiper arms. This 22” wiper blade fits all 2007 and later models of Cadillac Escalade (all models), Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra and Yukon amongst other manufacturers.

This wiper blade was purchased because of a recommendation in the November 2008 issue of Consumers Reports. In all fairness to CR only the Rain-X Latitude non dash 2 were tested.The attachment for the blade to the wiper arm is not very robust (unlike the original General Motors OEM blades for Pinch Tab Wiper Arms) and keeps disengaging from the arm when it is lifted for cleaning the windshield (of snow and ice). The metal shoe which is fastened to the blade detaches easily from the plastic arm attachment device. These wiper blades are more expensive then others and yet their attachment method is not as secure as the original OEM blades. It could be quite possible for the Rain-X Latitude-2 to disengage from the wiper arm while driving (in a storm)! Apparently Rain-X did not test this design with snow and ice on the windshield. What was wrong with the OEM attachment design?These wiper blade were purchased directly from Rain-X. Contacting Rain-X regarding this issue has been an exercise in futility. They have not recognized the seriousness of this issue.