Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 suburban subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2010, 1:19 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

If you have a Bose store locally that has a HT demo room setup, give them a visit. I think you'll be impressed. But their stuff is expensive.

If I was Bose, I'd be afraid that people would form an adverse opinion of the product based upon a GM listening experience. Heck the Bose system in my '87 IROC w/ amps at each speaker sounded better than the current one in Tahoes.
Old November 15th, 2010, 9:36 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for the rant...
Bose has its place in the HT market, but IMO the sound is no where near the price they charge. They trick people with their fancy Bose only stores, set ups and advertising - the rooms with their expensive HT setups (and even the movies or music they demo) are designed for those systems. In any set up the room has a lot to do with the overall sound.
To make big and clear sound you need air movement and a lot of it simple as that. the little 2 inch cube "full range" speakers simply cannot produce the full sound of a larger 2 or 3 way speaker with proper amplification. This is why you will never see full technical specs for bose systems or speakers and why they recommend their speakers are only used with the Bose subwoofer and audio equipment. You would laugh if you did - similar speaker specs to your clock radio. In the sub's amp there is massive sound equilization to compensate for the very small speakers. Same goes with their "subs". the 5 or 6 inch drivers do produce ok bass sound but they have to have massive bafling (horn effect) to product the vast majority of that sound. If you ever see one of their subs go up and put your hand over the port and notice the vast majority of the bass disappear.
Honestly Bose has its place, they make visually unobtrusive equipment that does sound ok. But do not think Bose = high end especially compared to products of similar price range
Old November 15th, 2010, 9:13 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

That's kind of what I thought they were doing w/ those cubes. Probably something similar w/ their three speaker surround setup. I'll stick w/ my Klipsch speakers for now.
Old November 16th, 2010, 7:39 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh Klipsch, that is more my style also. I have had the KLF-20s as my main speakers for 7 years now. they are amazing, as our most of the nicer Klipsch line.
Old November 16th, 2010, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Klipsch is definitely first rate. The nice thing about buying good speakers is that they can last forever -- I have the same HT speakers since ... well, it's been many many years.

I gave the Bose system a good workout today and it's not too bad. I turned up the bass a bit and it's not horrible, plus with road/wind noise, I'm not picky.