Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1988 suburban 350tbi rich lean problem... Need help please

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2016, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 suburban 350tbi rich lean problem... Need help please

About a week after I replaced plugs,wires, cap and rotor, and cut the catalytic converter off it it started to spit and sputter at an idle( there is only one 02 sensor and is located in between the headers and the cat, did not think it would cause an issue since its in front of it and not behind the cat, if im wrong please explain). At cruising speeds it just had a slight hesitation but when id mash the throttle itd either backfire or it would stall out.CHECKED AND DEEMED OK- TPS, fuel pump, map sensor, and cleaned egr valve. REPLACED- IAC, O2sensor, and fuel pressure regulator. Only after the fuel pressure regulator was replaced it cleared up a little bit but there is still a hesitation at idle and at full throttle it will keep backfiring. I have cleared the codes but 2 codes keep popping up - o2 sensor rich and o2 sensor lean. Also the fuel metering bodies(the 2 injectors) seem to spraying in an even pattern, but i dont know if its my eyes or not but the passenger side injector seems to have a very slightly different pattern. If i can get help on ideas of what this problem is id greatly appreciate it.
Old April 4th, 2016, 10:41 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never mind, I just say where you cut it out. LOL. Dang it I should not read so quickly

Last edited by Scotiapilot; April 4th, 2016 at 10:43 AM.