Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1998 Tahoe transfer case motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2013, 1:15 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Tahoe transfer case motor replacement

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. Any way I'm stuck with replacing the transfer case motor on my 98 Tahoe 5.7. I've tried 4 different ones from every local auto parts store in my area. None of them will fit. The issue I'm having is the bolt patterns do not match. There are 3 of them. Only two of them will match up. the two that are on the same side are further apart from each other on the ones I've gotten from the stores. On the original off the Tahoe those two are closer together. I've tried remanufactured ones, new ones, motors from different years, NONE of them will work. They all end in the same result. I have no clue on what to do now. I've searched the internet for a replacement motor but they all look like the ones from the auto stores. This is the only 4 wheel drive vehicle I own. the weather is supposed to get pretty nasty here pretty soon. I need the 4 wheel drive to work to get to work. i have buddies willing to take me but I can't rely on them the entire winter you know? I also have to be able to get around town. My chevelle will only get me so far in the snow. I appreciate any help any of you can give!
Old December 12th, 2013, 3:32 PM
CF Junior Member

I guess you could replace the entire transfer case, complete with motor from one of those junkyard Hoes ... seems like overkill but you gotta do what gets you back on the road.
Old December 13th, 2013, 9:31 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Ya that seems to be my only option now. Didn't want to go this route but don't have much of a choice. Thanks for replying