Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2 Inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2008, 12:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Inch lift?

My almost driving son wants to lift his 95 Tahoe 2 inches. We are still fighting over which is the best/cheapest. He doesn't need to off-road it since we have also a CJ-5. I understand the body lift will keep the ride pretty much the same. Are there any sites that have pics of a 2inch body lift on a Tahoe? Any suggestions. We don't want him over 2 inches. In this case, SIZE IS NOT EVERYTHING and MOM doesn't want him in a high SUV!!!
HELP PLEASE! Pics! ADVICE! HOW TOS!
Thanks
Old January 17th, 2008, 4:57 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 2 Inch lift?

Of course the cheapest way out would be the bodylift. The only little drawback to the bodylift would be the slight raise in engine temps due to the relocating of the fan shroud. Its not much difference until your sitting in 100 degree stop and go traffic. Performance Accessories has the 2" body kit your looking for.

Superlift makes a control arm kit and diff relocator that allows you to crank the torsion bars 2-2.5". With any suspension kit the drawbacks here are the increased wear and tear on the 13 year old suspension parts. As with any lowering or liftkit it isalways a good idea to check all of the suspension components prior to the install and have any worn parts changed while doing the lift.

In my opinion, keeping the body resting on the frame compared to riding on "stilts" (blocks)just seems to be safer from a accident point of view. I would opt to go with the suspension lift.
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: mrsmoos

My almost driving son wants to lift his 95 Tahoe 2 inches. We are still fighting over which is the best/cheapest. He doesn't need to off-road it since we have also a CJ-5. I understand the body superlift will keep the ride pretty much the same. Are there any sites that have pics of a 2inch body lift on a Tahoe? Any suggestions. We don't want him over 2 inches. In this case, SIZE IS NOT EVERYTHING and MOM doesn't want him in a high SUV!!!
HELP PLEASE! Pics! ADVICE! HOW TOS!
Thanks
I think my friend told me a site but I can't just remember it. Kids are just way agressive. They can be far more agressive while riding a lifted Tahoe.
Old November 29th, 2008, 8:25 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I insalled a Rough Country 3" kit om my buddies 94, it was just as much work as the 6" I installed on my 95