Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2-Way Remote -- Any News???

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2-Way Remote -- Any News???

A couple of months ago, information was posted about a new whizz-ban super-range 2-way remote start system from GM. Has anyone heard anything about it lately?? Any new release information??

GM is the first automaker to offer an LCD two-way remote start accessory. GM Accessories’ new 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System actually communicates important information about certain vehicle systems via a small LCD screen on the key fob. Users can see if the doors are locked or unlocked; determine whether the engine is running and see how much time is left before the vehicle will automatically shut off; check security status; find out current odometer mileage; see remaining fuel; check tire pressures in all four tires; and change radio station pre-sets.

Typical remote start systems work at distances of between two to three times the range of a factory-installed remote keyless entry system. GM’s 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System is designed to function at ranges of up to four to six times the typical keyless entry system, enabling users to start their
vehicles from much greater distances.
The system will be available in the second quarter of 2007 on certain
GM vehicles. Pricing for the system will range from under $150 MSRP up to $250 MSRP, depending on the vehicle’s factory options, plus dealer installation.
Old February 4th, 2007, 3:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 2-Way Remote -- Any News???

Nope nothing yet, and I'm pretty much all over it. I'll follow up on it with an email to GM in the coming weeks.
Old April 28th, 2007, 3:19 AM
CF Senior Member

This is the email I got from GM in late December. I just sent a follow up this evening checking on the status. I'll let you know what I find out.

We are very excited about the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start and would love to equip your fleet with this new product when it becomes available for retail sale (through your local GM dealer). It is scheduled for release late in the first quarter of '07 for GM's 2007 full-size trucks (including Yukon XL). Please understand that this is estimated timing; the release date is subject to change.

While we certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to help us out with beta testing, GM does not test pre-production products in the public domain. We have a comprehensive engineering process designed to "work out all the bugs," so to speak, before our customers ever use one of our products.

Thanks again for your interest in this new accessory!
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Here's the latest email I got from GM on Monday:

Our 2-Way Advanced Remote Start was intended to be in market for several GM vehicles during the second quarter of this year. We have decided to delay its launch to ensure its performance meets the high expectations of our customers. We are currently working through technical validation and expect to begin releasing this product into commerce later this summer.

Thanks for your interest in our accessories!
Old July 19th, 2007, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen a release date for this yet?

Old July 19th, 2007, 5:42 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still working out technical issues with the unit, don't expect to see it for several months if ever.
Old July 19th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Still working out technical issues with the unit, don't expect to see it for several months if ever.
well that sucks...

I thought it was going to be included on the enclave?
Old November 28th, 2007, 8:57 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Anything new? Should I email my contact at GM again to get a super generic response?
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:51 PM
CF Active Member

Wow thats pretty cool....I'll be looking forward to that
Old November 29th, 2007, 7:07 PM
CF Active Member

It looks to me like it's already available as an accessory (from GM Accessories Site for 2008):

[/align]Remote Start [/align][/align]

By pressing a button on the key fob, the remote start system starts your parked vehicle. Great for pre-warming or pre-cooling your vehicle. Seamlessly integrated with your vehicle's anti-theft and remote keyless entry systems. Requires specific antenna location.

For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock 19154445 $195.00
Control (AP8) and Power Liftgate

For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock 19154444 $195.00
Control (AP8) but without Power Liftgate

[/align]Required and optional accessory equipment may vary depending on your vehicle. Prices shown are suggested manufacturer's retail price, not including applicable vehicle calibration, balancing, installation or taxes. Dealer final prices may vary. See your dealer for details.

Quick Reply: 2-Way Remote -- Any News???