Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2000 Suburban LT Autoride issue

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, i've got the same issue with my '00 burban and was looking at getting the compressor from arnott -- what was the issue you had w/their compressor? thanks
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by deckerchevys
hey, i've got the same issue with my '00 burban and was looking at getting the compressor from arnott -- what was the issue you had w/their compressor? thanks
I haven't purchased a compressor from them yet as mine still works, it just sounds horrible.

My shocks leak slowly now and need replaced. When I get a load in the back or put a trailer with a heavy tongue weight they leak pretty badly.

I plan on tackling this in a few weeks and will order the compressor and shocks soon. The compressor on Arnott's web site looks exactly the same as mine so I am hoping it will fit.
Old December 1st, 2009, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Alright, I have looked into this, spoke with Arnott last night and confirmed that you should get a dryer in addition to the compressor. They don't sell the dryer and the guy from Arnott wouldn't tell me the company that sells them because they are a competitor. He said to google it, I did and came away with nothing. Anybody know where I can find this?

thanks
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

I crawled under my truck last night to look at this thing again. I think the dryer is above the comperssor and motor. It looks in alright condition. Any reason to replace it? Also, anybody that has done this, how are the air lines to remove and reattach to the new components?
Old December 8th, 2009, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

I replaced my compressor with one from Arnott about 4 months ago and started recieving the service ride control message about two weeks ago. I had some other issues so I took it to the dealership and had them diagnose everything. They came back and said the "level control exhaust valve was bad and the compressor needs to be replaced. I called Arnott to ask how the warranty procedure worked and the guy gave me a return number and the address to ship it to but also said it might not be covered under warranty if there is water damage from the old dryer. I too would have replaced the dryer when I replaced the compressor but Arnott wouldn't tell me where to get one and they went one further as to say I shouldn't need to replace it. I'm waiting now to see if they are goiong to cover the compressor under warranty and I'm still looking for another dryer. If anyone finds the "pot'o'gold" that sells these dryers seperately please let us know.
Old December 9th, 2009, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Another alternative is to convert it from the troublesome auto-ride to conventional suspension and be done with it permanently. Go to http://www.strutmasters.com and see the options available.
Old December 15th, 2009, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Strutmastr
Another alternative is to convert it from the troublesome auto-ride to conventional suspension and be done with it permanently. Go to http://www.strutmasters.com and see the options available.

To go to a conventional system, when I have a heavy load or my boat on my Burb' when the rear end squats down, there won't be anything to lift it up. I kind of like the autoride for this reason. 10 years and 110K miles out of the first system isn't all that bad considering what I have towed with my truck.

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO BUY A DRYER!!!!?????
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

You can buy the dryer from sun core industries online. The dryer they sell is listed under the 2002-2006 escalade. I sent my dryer, 2003 suburban, into them to have them rebuild and Vida, one of their service reps, confirmed that mine was the same as the one they sell for the escalde.
Old December 16th, 2009, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tbucs44
You can buy the dryer from sun core industries online. The dryer they sell is listed under the 2002-2006 escalade. I sent my dryer, 2003 suburban, into them to have them rebuild and Vida, one of their service reps, confirmed that mine was the same as the one they sell for the escalde.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I just ordered my dryer from Sun Core Industries and will have it on Monday. As you said they have it listed under the 2000 - 2006 Escalade. However after a long conversation with the customer service rep, they have now added that dryer to the Suburban list of parts since it is the same dryer.

When you changed out your compressor and shocks, are there any tricks to disconnecting the air lines? Do they seem to hold up pretty well?

Thanks again for the help.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

I'm getting ready to dive into this tomorrow. Anybody have any suggestions or tricks that you learned when replacing these components?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2000 Suburban LT Autoride issue