Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2000 tahoe z71 with stock radio (delphi) cd player with single slot speakers cutout

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2016, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 tahoe z71 with stock radio (delphi) cd player with single slot speakers cutout

Anyone out there with any tips on how i can determine and.or fix this problem. Bought used tahoe and stereo worked great for several years, then speakers started cutting out, on hills, bumpy roads, etc....no it is out completely. I have removed both front seats, and exposed all, the radio comes out and i am now at the amplifier. Is there any tips at all as to what to look at... During this attempt, i went through all doors, and checks wiring at all speakers, and also in cargo area, subwoofer. My model comes with the onstar and i don,t use it... I was going through this process and i was fiddling with one of the five buttons across the back top of the door, the stereo came on long enough for me to walk to the front of the car and turn it down, the. Minute i touched the volume, it. Went off.....the way this thing works, it really seems to be a loose something, wire. Etc... I am getting hot signal on all speakers at both the plus and minus sides? Which makes me think it may have something to do with grounding... I am a slow worker and dedicated to taking my time,. The stereo lights up, keeps time, goes from am, fm to cd,,, but no sound.......help.... I am ready. To chuck it all........