Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Chevy Suburban LT fusible link?

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2024, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Chevy Suburban LT fusible link?

Hey everyone. My name is Angel and im new here. Ive looked everywhere for info on fixing my electrical problem on my suburban but have been stumped. I went to go and loosen the positive terminal and touched the body of the car on accident. Since then my suburban will only intermittently start and I have 0 functions inside the vehicle. Windows dont work, door locks seem to short out with the ignition off, activating my rear tails whenever i push them and not actually locking or unlocking, rearview mirror compass doesnt come on, no exterior or interior lights work including cluster, no blower functions. I ordered a BCM assuming it was that but no luck. Fuses have all been checked and none seem to be bad. Ive heard of a mega fuse or fusible link that could also be the culprit but cant find any information about it online for my specific vehicle. Im starting a new job this coming week and really need to have a vehicle. It was recently stolen as well and i replaced the starter and ignition but it was fine and drivable before I made that dumb mistake. Thanks for looking.
Old May 6th, 2024, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by BourbonBurban
I went to go and loosen the positive terminal and touched the body of the car on accident.
was the engine running when that happened?

measure resistance between the alternator positive stud and battery positive terminal.