Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Suburban Headlights, Driving Lights, etc.

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2024, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 Suburban Headlights, Driving Lights, etc.

Is there an aftermarket option for the '01 Suburban for brighter headlights? If anyone has replaced with something working well, I'd love to know rather than 'hoping' something will work out better than the completely worn out, factory lenses I still have on.

I'd actually be looking to replace the headlights as well as the driving light/turn signal assembly, if possible.
Old July 3rd, 2024, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply - Lights

I replaced the driving light lenses due to UV damage. I could not find a an LED unit (aka style) that I liked. Having a Z71, I like the look. I did have to replace the driving light sockets, as they had over heated and melted. For now, I put back in the standard bulb, but will replace with LED. I have not changed the headlights, but they are getting close. I will probably upgrade the headlights/lens to improve visibility. I shopped for parts on RockAuto and shopped around on other parts suppliers and eBay to find the quality and price point I was willing to spend. OEM parts are my preference, however they can be pricey!

Hope this helps & If you find a decent replacement-upgrade for headlights-lmk.
Old July 3rd, 2024, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DurandClan
Is there an aftermarket option for the '01 Suburban for brighter headlights? If anyone has replaced with something working well, I'd love to know rather than 'hoping' something will work out better than the completely worn out, factory lenses I still have on.

I'd actually be looking to replace the headlights as well as the driving light/turn signal assembly, if possible.
I have had great luck with Auxito bulbs. They are an LED bulb that is a direct replacement for the standard bulb. I found them to be at least twice as bright as the high intensity Sylvania 9005 or 9006 bulbs.
I still have the discolored lense housings which I haven't seen the need to swap yet...
I have bought replacement lenses for another car & had good luck with Rock Auto
The following users liked this post:
2006 Z71 (July 3rd, 2024)