Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 suburban lt sunroof rear drain trough

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2017, 1:48 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 suburban lt sunroof rear drain trough

I recently bought a 2001 suburban and the previous owner mentioned a slight leak from the sunroof. After getting it home and looking a little more there were a couple of issues, first was a small tear in the sunroof gasket and the other was that I found the rear drain trough pushed all the way to the back between the roof and sunroof frame. I can't seem to find any pictures or examples of how the rear drain trough attaches. Here are the pieces I found after taking out the headliner and I think I have figured out that I needed to straighten the bent guide arms and also how the brackets attach to the trough although I still haven't figured out where the "guide arms" attach. I spent some time searching but I couldn't seem to find any pics of how this trough attaches. Also, I know there is a piece broken on both left and right plastic brackets that attach to the trough and I am still thinking about how to "repair" those by potentially making some brackets and using epoxy to affix them but any advice on that would be appreciated as well.

Name:  IMG_1687_zpsjwulz0sy.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  384.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1691_zpse78a6djq.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  397.1 KB