Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 Suburban runs rough

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2011, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suburban runs rough

When you put a load on it is when you can tell it is running rough. First, I have changed: the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator, plugs 2x, plug wires 2x, 5 of the fuel injectors,and 5 of the coil packs. When you get to about 2000rpms you can feel it start to get rough then it will smooth out and run pretty good. During this time the check engine light doesn't come on. When you are say driving through the mountains with the cruise on when the speed slows and it puts a big load on the engine the check engine light will come on and flash until you reach the top and the rpm,s go back down. I have had a diagnostic test done and the person said the no. 5 cylinder was misfiring so he put the 5 coil pack on the no. 2 and switched them and it them ran very good for about 2 days and then back to rough again. This oringinally started with the no. 7 cylinder misfire, this was a bad fuel injector, then the problem moved to a no. 4 misfire then I changed it and now i am where up to where this question starts at the top of this page. PLease please someone give me good useful advice.

Thanks
Old August 13th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Does it idle ok?
Old August 14th, 2011, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

idles great, and when you are running at say 70 with cruise on it seems perfect, you can only tell it when you are pushing more gas to it, so as when you need the extra to get up a hill
Old August 14th, 2011, 1:53 PM
CF Monarch

Might just try injector cleaner.
Old August 14th, 2011, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Come on. If you read the message you know I changed 5 for the injectors, 5 of the coil packs along with the plugs and plugs wires. Of course I have tried cleaner I have put gallons of it in by now.
Old August 14th, 2011, 3:30 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by daytooday
Come on. If you read the message you know I changed 5 for the injectors, 5 of the coil packs along with the plugs and plugs wires. Of course I have tried cleaner I have put gallons of it in by now.
Figure it out for yourself then.
Old August 14th, 2011, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

I will because you obviously are to stupid to help anyone.
Old August 14th, 2011, 5:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF? None of us are mind readers. What you don't include in your post, we can't know. Do you know what a freeze frame is? If so, how about posting the freeze frame data to go with the flashing malfunction indicator?

BTW, vBulletin allows one to modify or delete one's own posts so as not to look the real ***.
Old August 14th, 2011, 7:19 PM
CF Monarch

Lets be friendly here. You are having a problem with your car, understandibly. With that I am no expert especially on the newer vehicles as I too am trying to learn.
All I can do to try and help is reanaylize your problem. I hope someone can help you with it. I understand your frustration, and again will try with what I can to help with suggestions.
Old August 14th, 2011, 7:22 PM
CF Monarch

I'ts odd that it dosen't run rough at idle, hmm, all I can do is repost with what I can. God bless!

Quick Reply: 2002 Suburban runs rough