Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 Suburban Vibration

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2018, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suburban Vibration

I have a 2002 Suburban with 190k miles. It hasn't happened very much but after coming off the highway to a stop ill do an easy acceleration and it'll have a rough vibration. Once I let off the accelerator it'll go away. I've checked the u joints and they have no play and the transmission was just rebuilt. I changed the rear end fluid about 5k miles ago before this ever happened and the old fluid was clean. It also vibrates a little at high speed about 70mph and higher. Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.
Old October 28th, 2018, 7:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Check transmission, and engine mounts
Old October 28th, 2018, 7:53 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Tires and suspension is a possibility.
Old October 28th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

tires and ujoints are the first place to start and easiest to rule out. the ujoints have no play but did you check for a seized ujoint? to do this remove the driveshaft and move the yolks by hand...everything should move smoothly with no binding.

where do you feel the vibration....driveshafts transmit through the body. front tires through the steering wheel, rear tires through the body.
Old October 28th, 2018, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

I have brand new tires, I've had the front and rear drive shaft off and checked them. Suspension is all good. I haven't even thought about checking the engine and transmission mounts I'll check there next and left you guys know what I figure out. Thanks for all your help!
Old October 28th, 2018, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Its definitely a vibration through the body so I'm assuming it's in the drive trian