Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Chevy Suburban Stalling Issues After New Fuel Pump and Lines

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2018 | 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2003 Chevy Suburban Stalling Issues After New Fuel Pump and Lines

My 2003 Chevy Suburban 1500 Z71 5.3L w/Flex Fuel is acting up. Fuel pump was replaced about a month ago. Went with the Delphi OEM pump, fuel filter, and most fuel lines also replaced (some sections with flexible nylon lines). Was fine for about 3 weeks then one day started to stall at low idle. First few times it started back up fine, then would not re-start. Towed home, tested fuel pressure and was only getting 42-45 psi when attempting to start. No fire. I worked through all the fuel lines to confirm good connections and that there were no kinks. Everything I could seen and feel looked fine. Eventually became convinced that I had a faulty new fuel pump. With tank 95% filled I decided to cut access panel to replaced the under warranty pump. Swap completed, started right up, but still only showing 42-45 psi. No check engine lights, no codes being thrown. Drove to work fine, but at about 30 mins into drive home vehicle started stalling at low idle again. No check engine lights. I know it should have greater fuel pressure, but cannot figure out why it is low. Thoughts?

Do I maybe have a control module of some sort going bad, but not throwing a code? Is one of the fuel lines in adequate due to diameter differences? What are your ideas?