Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Chevy Tahoe starting by itself

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2021, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2003 Chevy Tahoe starting by itself

I have been trying to find someone that can help me with this mystery. My Tahoe has been cutting on by itself every three hours. When I purchased the vehicle about 14 years ago, I was unaware if the SUV had a remote start. However, it started turning on without my keys like a few years ago. It would happen every once in a blue moon but now, it's happening all the time. I opened the vehicle to make sure nothing was going. I did step on the brake and it cut off. Now, every three hours it turns on. Not sure if it is a computer or mechanical issue. Can anyone help?
Old February 11th, 2021, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by CJ Daniels
I have been trying to find someone that can help me with this mystery. My Tahoe has been cutting on by itself every three hours. When I purchased the vehicle about 14 years ago, I was unaware if the SUV had a remote start. However, it started turning on without my keys like a few years ago. It would happen every once in a blue moon but now, it's happening all the time. I opened the vehicle to make sure nothing was going. I did step on the brake and it cut off. Now, every three hours it turns on. Not sure if it is a computer or mechanical issue. Can anyone help?
First thing I would do, mostly because it's easy, is take the batteries out of the key fobs and see if the problem goes away.
Old February 11th, 2021, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

The vehicle wouldn't happen to have any aftermarket security/remote start system would it. Those are known to cause all kinds of weird issues when they go wrong.