Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban Trailer Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2011, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First things first - the swap in the wiring connector fixed all of my trailer issues. It is always better to read all of the directions instead of being a know it all...

Racing - the car had an endless list of problems but managed to finish the race on Saturday. In Sunday morning qualifying, my alternator died and that ended the day for me.

It was my first test of my camera - didn't work out so well. This is this outlap and first three race laps from Saturday. If you watch out the right window, you'll see my Dad's Vette - we were the second row and that was pretty cool.

YouTube - ‪20110521 EMRA BeaveRun Race Start.wmv‬‏

(I plan to play with the camera and mount location to see if I can get something useable next time.)

Here is what I got for my efforts on Saturday:

So, I got a first place trophy but the car was slow. It should run 3-6 seconds a lap faster than I am getting.

I have alot of work to do... Oh well. At least my trailer works now.
Old May 31st, 2011, 9:32 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats on the trophy! Looks like the camera would have to either be mounted closer to the W/S or set the exposure to manual (if possible) if you leave it where it is so the interior would be under exposed but outside would be OK. Your driving appeared to be very smooth and that's what cuts time.

Where was the camera mounted for that first video?
Old June 1st, 2011, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The camera was mounted just above and behind my right shoulder. Since this is an older cameral model, it can only hold a 2GB SD card, which will store about 45 minutes of video. So, I can't start the camera and then belt in - I have to be able to reach it to turn it on just as I pit out to avoind running out of space before the race ends. When time permits, I am going to try to pick another spot closer to the windshield but I don't have alot of choices.

Need to fix the 'burb again - windshield wipers intermittently won't turn off. Starting with the wiper motor (will arrive tomorrow) and if that doesn't do it then I'll replace the the stalk...

It never ends...