Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 yukon fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2016, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 yukon fuel lines

My yukon started having a fuel leak and found out the the two rubber fuel lines by the cross member rub against each other and have worn and now I have one of the hoses leaking. I've searching for only the rubber part and can only find the entire hose and hard lines sold as one. Mine is a flex fuel motor and I would assume they are different as they go into the flex fuel sensor. I have to change the entire line only because this section rubs together. Looking at it from the bottom it looks like it's not going to be easy.

Has anyone ever done this and or have any tips?
Old February 15th, 2016, 2:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

sectioning in a repair is acceptable if the other section of fuel line are in good condition.

before we go any further. do you run flex fuel? Do you want the repair to be flex fuel compatible. The metal sections may have to be different than non flex fuel lines to prevent ehanol corrosion.

if yes, price out the section of line you need from the dealer. It may not be to expensive. They can lalso tell you if the flex fuel lines are different part numbers than no flex fuel.

Last edited by tech2; February 15th, 2016 at 2:52 PM.
Old February 15th, 2016, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
sectioning in a repair is acceptable if the other section of fuel line are in good condition.

before we go any further. do you run flex fuel? Do you want the repair to be flex fuel compatible. The metal sections may have to be different than non flex fuel lines to prevent ehanol corrosion.

if yes, price out the section of line you need from the dealer. It may not be to expensive. They can lalso tell you if the flex fuel lines are different part numbers than no flex fuel.
I've only ran e85 once, since it's not common around Los Angeles
I've considering cutting the hose and putting a piece of metal in between the hose then using clamps. My fear is fuel pressure and if clamping the lines is secure. I've check with the dealer and they also only sell the entire section at $250. Is there a glue or seal that will not dissolved with gasoline?
Old February 20th, 2016, 9:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

no glue.

you can get compression fittings that are made to fit on steel or plastic sections of repair lines.

I have used rubber fuel line and fuel line clamps in the past and had no issues. fuel pressure at that time was 40psi and your probably at 60 for your truck. It still could handle this pressure but comp fittings are the better choice.