Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 Chevy Tahoe A/C Blower issue

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2018, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Tahoe A/C Blower issue

Hey all, I'm new here, but really need some help. Last year, AC Blower stayed on after key removed, replaced blower control module and it worked fine. Now Present day... Same thing happens, assumed blower control module was bad again, replaced it. That was not it. Replaced the blower motor relay.. That was not it. Took my car to local mechanic, he checked everything, said wiring looked good, said he would get someone to check the climate control module but he didn't have anything to test that. So I go and buy a new climate control module ($186) and that was not the problem either. Mechanic said all the wiring was good. WTH can it be now??? I've seen in your comments on much older threads about this that it could be a bad "blower motor" so my question is if the blower motor was bad would it still stay on with the key out of the ignition?? I
Old August 2nd, 2018, 4:30 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by tracieortho
Hey all, I'm new here, but really need some help. Last year, AC Blower stayed on after key removed, replaced blower control module and it worked fine. Now Present day... Same thing happens, assumed blower control module was bad again, replaced it. That was not it. Replaced the blower motor relay.. That was not it. Took my car to local mechanic, he checked everything, said wiring looked good, said he would get someone to check the climate control module but he didn't have anything to test that. So I go and buy a new climate control module ($186) and that was not the problem either. Mechanic said all the wiring was good. WTH can it be now??? I've seen in your comments on much older threads about this that it could be a bad "blower motor" so my question is if the blower motor was bad would it still stay on with the key out of the ignition?? I
Has to be a short or a switch issue, IMO.