Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 chevy tahoe suspension lift? NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 chevy tahoe suspension lift? NEED HELP!

I have a 2006 chevy 4x4 tahoe. I'm about to put a suspension lift on my truck, but I'm not sure what lift to get and how big I should get it. I'm leaning towards a Rancho 4-in suspension lift kit. What is the best lift to get for my truck? I want it to be equipped adequately to handle off-road conditions, but also so that it handles well on-road. I'm not really looking to do any extreme off-roading, or specializing my truck for any one kind of off-road condition. I want something that can perform all around. Also how big of tires will I be able to put on it with a 4in lift? I've been told 33's, is this true? I'm new to off-roading so I could really use some help. Will I need anything else besides a lift kit such as some kind of steering stabilizer or shock absorber or should this be included in the kit? Also will I have to adjust my drive shaft angles or any other kind of components so that the truck runs smoothly? Will this greatly effect the torque of my truck? I need to be able to tow boat trailers with it still so will I need to also consider supercharging my truck because of the lift kit?
Old April 26th, 2007, 1:39 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 chevy tahoe suspension lift? NEED HELP!

slow down try and help you a bit here, the most common we do at our dealership is a 6' fabtech or pro comp suspension lift, usually comes complete, with everything but shocks. I say usually because its not something a amatuer should try usually involves some cutting and fabbing on the front end... as far as super charging NOT REALLY...as for best lift depends who you ask.

Find out what gear ratio your truck has in the rear end, and what is the engine size, Im guessing its a 5.3 in a tahoe, could be a 6.0 though, ifs its a 6.0 dont worry lots of power, ifs itsa 5.3, should still be fine, but if your rearend is 3.73, maybe upgrade to 4.10 instead of supercharging, supercharger gives you moreHP, not much more torque, your gonna want torwue to turn the wheels.

33 yes with a 4 inch 33 will prolly be the biggest, thats why a 6 inch is more common, you will prolly stiull have to trim the lower valance to clear anything bigger then 33 anyhow while turning, depending on wheel offset..

Steering stabilizer again depending on how big a tire you use, we do here but our roads here are brutal, huge pothols and grooves that big tires just love to follow so its a little harder to handle, but its not necessary, however again depending how much 'off roading' you are doing...my idea of offroading is prolly worse then what your planning, we go hardcore.

As far as towing just get a 4 or 6' drop on your receiverkeeps trailer lever, wont be able to do 5th wheel tho
Old August 12th, 2008, 12:54 AM
CF Beginner

hi i know its kinda late for to post a reply here but I only find this thread upon searching and I guess it somewhat related ideas I need to gather. I want ask for tips from fellow 4-wheelers for getting better clearance by adding new suspension products and body lift kits. I want to learn it advantages and disadvantages. thanks.

Old October 15th, 2008, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

It is best to find the lowering kit specific to your vehicle and yes the springs would have to be changed. The kit would come with front and rear springs and possible struts. Find out how much drop you want( 1 inch or 2 inch)
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default Re:2006 chevy tahoe suspension lift? NEED HELP!

In regard to one of your many question a complete lift kit will come with everything you need, and also recommend what tire size you need.
Old December 5th, 2012, 1:27 AM
CF Beginner

It is best to discover the decreasing kit particular to your automobile and yes the rises would have to be modified. The kit would come with front side and back rises and possible struts. Discover out how much fall you want( 1 inches or 2 inch)