Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 Tahoe Satellite Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Tahoe Satellite Radio Question

Hello all,

I have read that in 2006 the Chevy Tahoe got a new antenna (shark fin) that combines the On-Star and XM antennas, which were previous seperate.

That being said, I am looking at purchasing a 2006 4x4 Z71. It has the rear DVD system and a navigation head unit. When I called and inquired they said it did not have XM radio (one of my requirements). Does this mean that there is no XM tuner currently, but that it can be set up, or is there no option other than an after market or plug and plug satellite radio system?

Even if this current vehicle isn't the one I purchase, I would like to know if this is the case with all 2006 Tahoes that are not advertised as having XM radio. Even if there is no navigation head unit, I would still like to have the display work on the screen.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the long rambling post!
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcom to the forum.

It looks like the 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe was available with XM.

Vehicle Availability - SiriusXM Radio

You may want to check the radio and make sure that it just isn't authorized. if you need to install a kit there are a number of available. They will work with your headunit, but they are expensive. You may want to look at an aftermarket headunit with XM.

Complete Sirius Install Kit for Factory GM Vehicles