Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Burb Front HVAC blower

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2015, 3:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Burb Front HVAC blower

All of a sudden the front blower on my 07 Burb stopped working,,, the LEd bar on dash shows the fan speed going up and down with + / - buttons like it should, fuses are ok,, I think,, found a couple, rear blower works. When this happened, I was pulling out my stuck in the snow pickup,,, got a little rough with the nylon jerk-strap,, so Burn bounced around a bit,, that is when I noticed the dead fan blower motor,,, I wondered if maybe with the herk-n-jerk action,,, that made the computer nervous in the Burb,, ???? I suppose the jerking could have made the wire to the blower fall off,,,,,,,,,,,, was looking in engine room,,, no blower,,, is it under dash ??? Could the rough-housing have caused any computer hiccup ? I disc. battery, shunted pos and neg cables,,, thinking that would reset, any computer issue.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 4:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So,, I dropped the cover on passenger side,, removed the blower motor,, turned fan a little,,, then just to see, I turned on blower from dash,, and it worked,,, slow to high,,, resistor has no flaws or corrosion at connectors,,, I would guess that is ok, but it is only 32$ . The fan,, just seems a lil' stiff to spin by hand,,, not horrible,, just maybe a little stiff,,,,,,,,,, may try a fan new fan,,, may or may not try a new resistor,,,