Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2007, 4:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Ok, I'm on a new crusade here. I called my local Cadillac dealer's parts dept today to check into part #'s and pricing on 2007 Escalade LEDtaillights to install in my Tahoe. He would not give me part #'s but told me that the prices were as follows: (L) $387.92, (R) $336.17, harneses (need 2) $45.92 each. I told him about the swap I was contemplating and he said he was getting lots of calls on theEsc. > Tahoe swapbut no one has yet actually done it. He also said that from what he can tell it looks like a plug and play but was not sure if the taillight contour was the same from the Tahoe to the Escalade.

Questions:
1. Has anyone on the forum done this swap? If so, any issues?
2. Does anyone have (or have access to) the Caddy part numbers for the L & R taillights and harnesses so we can research internet pricing?

Ps. I already called JP customs and they had not yet done one of these swaps.
Old January 18th, 2007, 5:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

I would be interested too, if someone could get all the details!
Old January 18th, 2007, 5:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tagged for later
Old January 19th, 2007, 1:47 AM
CF Active Member

i dont remenber if it was this forum or the suvworld froum that someone did do the ewap but the esky has a 6 pin connector and th hoe has 5.but the tailight it self fits perfectly.
Old January 19th, 2007, 3:16 AM
CF Active Member

The only thing I can tell from others is the wiring is reversed..you must find out which wires go to where.
Old January 20th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Junior Member

I too am very interested in this thread. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old January 24th, 2007, 4:12 AM
CF Active Member

Anything ever come of this? Any updates?
Old January 24th, 2007, 5:09 PM
CF Active Member

So far this is what I've got: it looks like the Caddy taillight part #'s are 15890422 & 15890423; $315 each retail or $228 each from GMpartsdirect. I'm told they include the ~ 2 foot wiring harness down to the connector. My Tahoe has 5 wires in the taillight harness connector - I read somewhere that the Escalade has 6. I'm planning to stop by a Caddy dealer sometime in the next few days and take a look under an Esky rear bumper to verify.

If someone reading this post already has a 2007Escalade and would be willing to take a look under the corner of the rear bumper they can see the harness. If they wouldpost the wire colors in the harness in sequence (i.e., from drivers side #1, black, #2green, etc.) it would be appreciated.

We need to figure out the wiring here - one dealer told me that you should be able to simply plug them in with no mods, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if that were the case. I found a previous post where ZX was reluctant to confirm if this was the case, but it would sure save me some time if he could verify the harness connectors are the same or not.... Worst case, I'll be laying on my back with a volt meter testing for functions.

One way or another I'm planning to do this mod. The Escalade LED lights look just right, tech, but no extra "bling". I like the monochromatic look of my Tahoe & want to keep it that way without unnecessary chrome. I never did like the stock lights - to me they simply look cheap.
Old January 24th, 2007, 7:40 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is very hard to research from an office but I have taken a moment and hear is what I can offer for now.

The Escalade (called a Z75) has a tail lamp circuit board that is built into the lamp assembly, the Tahoe does not have this curcuit.

The Yellow, Yellow/Black and/or Dark Green wires for the stop lamps and turn signals.

Black wire is ground.

Brown wire is for side markers (park) lamps.

Back-up lamp wire is Light Green.

The wire colors are the same on Tahoe and Escalade, there is a possiblity that the Dark Green wire is not found on the Tahoe.
Old January 24th, 2007, 8:46 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

This is very hard to research from an office but I have taken a moment and hear is what I can offer for now.

The Escalade (called a Z75) has a tail lamp curcuit board that is built into the lamp assembly, the Tahoe does not have this curcuit.

The Yellow, Yellow/Black and/or Dark Green wires for the stop lamps and turn signals.

Black wire is ground.

Brown wire if for side markers (park) lamps.

Back-up lamp wire is Light Green.

The wire colors are the same on Tahoe and Escalade, there is a possiblity that the Dark Green wire is not found on the Tahoe.
Excellent info ZX! Many thanks........

I expected that the Caddy LED lights would have a lamp driver board integrated. I was fearing that the rumored "6th" wire might be for some unknown feedback/sense circuit.

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap