Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 rear bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2012, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 rear bumper cover

Hello all, new to the board here. I have an 07 suburban LTZ that I was rear ended a few weeks ago. The only damage was the bumper cover and step pad. I'm going to fix it myself so I wanted to pick up a bumper cover that comes painted, if possible. The color of my suburban is antique bronze, code 317N. Does anybody know, other than the dealership, can you buy the bumper covers painted or do you have to get them primed? If so, which company?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 1st, 2012, 6:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I don't know of any that are pre-painted...You'll have to take one to your local paint shop.
Old January 1st, 2012, 8:44 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Carbo: Welcome to the forum.

Does your Park Assist still work? Rear ending usually kills one or more of the sensors. But I think you'd get a message on the DIC.

If you wanted a painted one, you'll have to go the salvage route as new parts will be unpainted.
Old January 1st, 2012, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I had a local paint shop picked out but figured I check on getting something new already painted. I am going to search some local salvage yards but in the past I never had good luck finding the exact part with the correct paint. The sensors do work so no issues there. Thanks again.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably your best bet is to just get a "new" bumper and have it painted. I highly doubt you will find one already painted your color. I know this because GM no longer makes our color vehicles (Antique "Amber" Bronze). So, unless you happen to come across one at a salvage yard by chance, you will probably have to get one and just have it painted. Also, consider checking eBay. The shipping cost may not be worth the price, but it's a good idea to at least check it out. Good Luck!

Last edited by ChevyFreak; January 1st, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old January 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
Probably your best bet is to just get a new bumper and have it painted. I highly doubt you will find one already painted your color. I know because GM no longer makes our color vehicles (Antique "Amber" Bronze). So, unless you happen to come across one at a salvage yard by chance, you will probably have to get one and just have it painted. Also, consider checking eBay. The shipping cost may not be worth the price, but it's good to check it out. Good Luck!
Ironically enough I just found some good deals on new covers for $287.00 and free shipping. It shouldn't cost more than a $100 or so to have it painted so it looks like I'll be going this route.

Here's the one I am looking at eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old January 2nd, 2012, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

I did find some on ebay. There's an ebay company in Illinois where they will paint it for you if you provide your paint code. Looks like I'll be going through them. Should be ordering this week and they said it takes about 10 days for me to recieve it once it's painted. I'll post back and let you know how it turns out.

BTW, it's free shipping so you can't beat that!!!!

Last edited by Carbo; January 2nd, 2012 at 9:56 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 9:13 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got to watch some of those aftermarket parts. A lot of times they do not fit quite right. Make sure it is capa certified it will most likely fit correctly. Google it to read about it.
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
You got to watch some of those aftermarket parts. A lot of times they do not fit quite right. Make sure it is capa certified it will most likely fit correctly. Google it to read about it.
Well, funny that you mention that. I emailed them as the part # for the bumper cover was different than the one I received from the dealership. When they replied back all they said is "it will fit." After that response I'm beginning to fill skeptical about this company. I'm going to have to do some more research on this one.
Old January 4th, 2012, 3:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbo
Well, funny that you mention that. I emailed them as the part # for the bumper cover was different than the one I received from the dealership. When they replied back all they said is "it will fit." After that response I'm beginning to fill skeptical about this company. I'm going to have to do some more research on this one.
Yeah, be careful! I mentioned eBay only because it is another option, and should be explored. However, I would take great caution when buying big parts like this. Ideally, you should locate an OEM bumper (even one that is not your color) and purchase that. Then, have it painted by a local shop. You want it to be done right, and you want to be able to go back to the place if it is not.

Quick Reply: 2007 rear bumper cover