Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2007 Suburban Dead battery (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-suburban-dead-battery-11124/)

KCKettridge October 7th, 2009 1:18 AM

My dealer replaced our OEM battery due to this "draining" issue but didn't mention that there was an update "flash" to correct the problem. I am calling them tomorrow to verify if they did the update or not. They said I had one bad cell, that is why it was going dead all the time. Hummmmmmm!

Hardin Thicke October 7th, 2009 6:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hardin Thicke (Post 111575)
.....Yes, the OEM battery is a POS. Mine has died twice, and almost a third, but still lives after 60,000 miles.

It died a third time. I was doing some work on the interior, and kept resetting the ignition after the power would turn off. It then sat for about a week and a half unused (don't drive it to work anymore) and when I tried it...D E D... I think I'm going to get another Yellow Top for the starting position.

Bowtye8 October 9th, 2009 7:35 AM

I dont drive my tahoe much. It could sit for 3-4 weeks at a time. I used to leave my doors unlocked in the garage. My battery died twice this way. Well barely cranked

So I tried locking the door by the key fob. I have not had a problem since.

2009 tahoe ltz 6.2l

Dennis

SabrToothSqrl October 9th, 2009 11:06 AM

agreed

Locking the doors does seem to save power somehow, i guess they all assume we lock them when we leave it?

My tahoe is INSIDE my garage w/a closed door... i dont like having to press unlock all the time if i leave it... even unlocked, it's insured...

why wasn't the 6.2 w/integrated brake controller an option?! I'd love to have had the 6.2L, but why isn't it AWD like the esky?

they told me my battery had a bad cell as well... is that common or is that what they put so its covered under warrenty?

Bowtye8 October 9th, 2009 5:20 PM

They did make the 6.2l with the brake controller option. My bro in law has it on his. We have teh exact same truck except for that option. I dont have it . he does. I mean the build sheets are identical except for that option. Well one more. My truck came with the chrome clad wheels. I had them swap them out for the polished alum.

I run elect over hydrolic brakes. They say the intergrated brake controller does not work well with them. I have a prodigy setup. Real nice.

jJLeosnow November 22nd, 2010 7:43 AM

Originally Posted by agtkgv (Post 47369)
There is a battery drain down recall on 07 Subs. Not sure if it is on all, but I know it was on 2500's. Check with your dealer... It's a computer flash I believe.

agtkgv,
Any chance you could provide me with the service bulletin so I could give this to my dealer? I'm experiencing the same dead battery issues(have been for a year+) on our 07 Suburban 2500 4WD. :eek:

Thanks,
-John

73shark November 22nd, 2010 9:45 PM

This thread is over a year old. agtkgv is probably not around. Your dealer can scan your ECM & BCM and will be able to tell if yours has the battery rundown upgrade software installed.

ajtahoe November 24th, 2010 2:55 PM

I just had this done today by my dealer on my 07 Taho LTZ...i have been having issues on and off for the past 12months and decided to buy a new battery and not even a few days later...DEAD. I had RECALL # 07033 done. There are a couple different ones out there depending on your vin#. However, it cost me $86 for he flash upgrade due to the Recall being timed out/expired, but my dealer tole me to contact GM diectly and they should reimburse me since I was never notified.

wetz19 November 30th, 2010 4:44 PM

If your battery after being load tested is at a reading of 10.0 volts the battery is fine. Anything from 9.6V and up is good. I had the yellow optima battery and it was junk continually died. If you have a huge set up connected to your car you might want to look into a deep cycle battery. Although, they are recommended for rv/marine use, they do indeed can be used to automotive usage. The whole idea of a deep cycle battery is to use a low amount of amperage over a long period of time. All car functions will operate normally and battery will last longer with all accessories.

racolletti October 1st, 2011 9:01 AM

problems with automatic back hatch