Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 suburban heater core

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2015, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 suburban heater core

As we arrived at gas station to fill up before leaving town I noticed that my temp was high. Raced back to house and sure enough coolant was Scarry low. I refilled with water to find leak and coolant ran from evaporator drain. We loaded everything in wife's car and left as we were on time table. So I have been at volleyball games all day and can't find any info on how to remove the heater core. Or how to remove the dash so I am thinking this will be one to make a video on. I will be heading to parts store for Haynes book but I was hoping one of you master minds has already removed one and could give me something to think about.
2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ
Old October 11th, 2015, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Holy cow now I'm worried. 177 views and no reply. Well home now so I will be getting Haynes manual today and now I can look at the truck to satisfy my curiosity. I'm sure it will be a project. Now to figure out what all I want to do while dash is apart if it does have to come out.
Old October 13th, 2015, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

basically the instructions are..remove dash...remove hvac box, disassemble and replace. unfortunately you will need to recover the a/c system to do this job properly and will need to be vacuumed and recharged afterwards. my service guide wont let me copy the info for you, but its not very detailed to be honest. calls for almost 7 hours to do it. hope this helps